Granular Synthesizer / Effector
LIVEN Texture Lab
Beyond the Borders of Sound!
● Sample, slice, transform and reconstruct audio to synthesize completely new sounds
● Granular synthesizer with granular effects processor mode
● Shimmer reverb for fantastical and majestic sounding spaces
● The 128-step sequencer with parameter locking
● World-famous sound designers have provided presets as results of their experiments
Sample, slice, transform and reconstruct audio to synthesize completely new sounds
The LIVEN Texture Lab offers a wide variety of sound textures ranging from beautifully lush ambient pads to chaotically aggressive experimental noise that will take you to new sonic frontiers.
The Texture Lab uses a granular processor that slices sounds into grains ranging from 2 ms to 1 second in length, then transforms and reconstructs them in a variety of ways, including manipulating grain shape, density, time warp, spatial position, and playback method to create entirely new sounds.
Granular synthesis parameters are easily accessed from 10 knobs and are designed for intuitive control.
Granular synthesizer with granular effects processor mode
The LIVEN Texture Lab is a 4-voice polyphonic synthesizer that can record 32 samples of up to 6 seconds, generate grains from any part of a sample, and synthesize them using two modulations sources, an envelope generator, and process the sound through different filter types.
The Texture Lab can also be used as an effects processor for real-time granular processing of stereo signals from the line input. It is also possible to freeze the flowing sounds for 6 seconds to add granulated sound effects.
Shimmer reverb for fantastical and majestic sounding spaces
The LIVEN Texture Lab features six high-quality stereo reverb types. All reverb types have a shimmer parameter that allows you to layer reverb on top of reverb in octaves to create fantastical and majestic sounding spaces.
The shimmer reverb can also be applied to the stereo signal from the line input.
128-step sequencer with parameter locking
The LIVEN Texture Lab is equipped with a high-performance 128-step sequencer that has earned the LIVEN series a solid reputation. In addition to recording notes, it can also record changes in granular processing parameters over time.
You can record knob operations in real time or directly record parameters to specific steps allowing for more complex sound textures.
Sequence up to 128 steps per pattern.
Save up to 128 patterns.
Sub-divide the tempo down to 32nd notes.
Program notes step by step or record them in real time. Additionally, you can also input notes to specific steps while the sequencer is playing to add variation.
Sequence longer notes over up to 128 steps (Tied Notes).
The Parameter Lock function allows you to record knob changes into your patterns. This can be recorded live, or programmed in step by step.
World-famous sound designers have provided presets as results of their experiments
The LIVEN Texture Lab is an experimental device for generating new sounds.
The granular processing, invented by the contemporary composer ‘Xenakis’, is now essential sounds in the world of Art and IDM.
Explore nostalgic soundscapes that transports you to another world, as well as numerous ready-to-use synth programs.
(Programs for the effects processor mode by the sound designers can also be downloaded here.)
Create your own sounds with the Texture Lab and publish them as the result of your research! #LivenTextureLab
Nostalgia evoking synthesizer!
Granular Synthesizer / Effector
LIVEN Texture Lab
For customers in the USA
We ship free to the USA. Customs duties are exempted for orders of $800 or less.
For customers in Europe
Please purchase on our European web shop. Now available for €279 with a €40 off coupon.
- Sampling up to 6 seconds per sample (16bit - 32kHz mono, Start/end point adjustment)
- Auto start sampling function with the input level (input level can be set)
- Internal resampling function
- 32 sample memory slots
* Audio file converter (web app.) is available to convert Wav files to a MIDI SysEx file that can be imported into the Texture Lab.
Effects processor mode
- Real-time processing of stereo signals from the line inputs
- Freeze function
- Pitch: Pitch of the sample (±2 octaves)
- Position, Length/FB: The sample range for generating grains (with random position function)
- Speed, Direction: Playback speed, scan direction, and playback direction of the grains.
- Size, Shape: Size and shape of the grains (with random function)
- Timing, Jitter: Interval of generating grains (with our original LUSH setting)
- Density: Number of the grains (up to 64 grains in legato mode)
- Diffusion: Diffusion width of the grains
- Blend: Balance between the sample and the granular sound mix
- Modulation 1: LFO assignable to various parameters (with wave shape selection, start fade-in time, retrigger, and tempo sync)
- Modulation 2: LFO assignable to various parameters (with wave shape selection, retrigger, and tempo sync)
- Low Pass
- High Pass
- Band Pass
6 high-quality reverbs with Shimmer reverb parameters
- 4-note polyphonic mode (Up to 16 grains per voice, internal sequencer records up to 3 voices of polyphony)
- Mono mode (Up to 32 grains, adjustable glide time)
- Legato mode (Up to 64 grains, adjustable glide time)
- Arpeggiator modes (Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, Up&Down, Down&Up, Up+1, Up+2, Down-1, Down-2, Random, Play Order)
- 1 track
- Up to 128 steps per pattern
- 128 patterns
- Step length can be set from 1/1 to 1/32
- Real-time recording
- Directly enter notes for each step when sequencer is on or off
- Enter longer notes (Tied notes)
- Metronome and pre-count function
- Undo/Redo function
- Transpose function
- Swing function
- Pattern BPM / Global BPM can be set
- Pattern chain function
- Parameter Lock function to record parameter settings for each step
- RANDOM function to play back steps in random order
- STUTTER function to play back only the step being pressed
- Notes, control changes, clock input/output
- IMPORT/EXPORT of user data (Including samples) via Sysex
- Firmware update via Sysex
27 keys (with a hold function)
- 15 physical control knobs
- Optional LATCH function prevents jumps in value when knob position and parameter values do not match.
- One physical encoder for fine adjustments.
- LCD dot indicates when a parameter value matches the saved value, or when the value has been changed.
- LINE IN (stereo 3.5mm mini-jack)
- Compatible with Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator Series SYNC IN
- Stereo line out (stereo 3.5mm mini jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 3.5mm mini jack)
- Compatible with Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator2 Series SYNC OUT
- Built in speaker
- MIDI IN connector (5-Pin DIN type)
- MIDI OUT connector (5-Pin DIN type)
- SYNC IN jack (monaural 3.5mm mini jack)
- SYNC OUT jack (monaural 3.5mm mini jack)
297mm (W) x 176mm (D) x 48mm (H)
11.7 in (W) x 6.92 in (D) x 1.89 in (H)
- 9V DC output AC adapter
Current: 1A or greater, Plug Type: EIAJ3 Standard, Inner Diameter: 1.7mm, Outer Diameter: 4.75mm, Polarity: Center +
- Compatible with power supplies designed for the Korg Volca1.
- 6 AA batteries
*The AC adapter and batteries are not included.
1 - Korg and Volca are registered trademarks of Korg Inc.
2 - Teenage Engineering and Pocket Operators are registered trademarks of teenage engineering ab.
Reference to these brands and trademarks are made for comparison and compatibility purposes and are not endorsements or recommendations from their respective organizations.
All specifications and/or appearance are subject to change without notice.